Main Content Area

How can we help you?

Click the button for what you want to do:

an insurance question
a complaint
Send documents for
a complaint I already filed

What You Should Know Before Filing a Complaint

The Office of the Commissioner of Insurance assists complainants with their insurance problems. A copy of your complaint will be sent to the company or agent with a request to respond directly to you and to advise our office of the action taken. You should hear from the company or agent in about 25 days from the date you send us your complaint. When we receive the information from the company or agent, we will review the file to determine what action we can take. We will notify you of our determination. If our office is unable to obtain the resolution you desired, you may consider contacting a private attorney for advice. If your complaint involves a claim dispute, you may want to contact your county's small claims court.

Please be advised that under Wisconsin's Open Records Law all information you provide may become a public record once the file is closed. Only actual medical records obtained from a health care provider are confidential under s. 146.82, Wis. Stat. As a result, you should omit or mark out any confidential or personal information such as Social Security Numbers prior to submitting it to our office.

Mail and Fax Options

If you would like to mail or fax the form instead of submitting it online, complete and print the Complaint Form.

For Spanish speakers, please see our Instrucciones page.

Then either mail it or fax it to us.

Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
P.O. Box 7873
Madison, WI 53707-7873
Fax: (608) 264-8115

If you are sending your complaint by FedEx, UPS, Overnight Mail, etc., please use our physical address:

Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
125 South Webster Street
Madison, WI 53703-3474

Help with the Complaint Form

If you have questions or problems with the Complaint Form, call us toll-free at 1-800-236-8517 (within Wisconsin) or 1-608-266-0103 (outside of Wisconsin) or send an e-mail to us at